How To Start Online Christian Bookstore
Selecting a Business can be a daunting task because there are just so many opportunities out there. I chose a Turn-Key Online Christian Home-Based Business in order to meet a variety of needs.Only the person opening the business can determine what those needs are. Certainly, there are some things to consider when starting an online business, for instance: Secular versus Faith-based businesses. I chose a Christian/Family based business because I wanted a company that would meet my spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. Once I decided to go with a Faith-based opportunity, my next agenda was to select the type of business.There are many different Home-based firms available, for instance: Multi-level marketing; Retail; Affiliate marketing; Advertising and marketing; Lead prospecting, and Telecommunications just to name a few. Knowing what skills are essential for operating a business is vital.It takes a self-motivated individual with a healthy mix of both introverted and extroverted qualities to operate a business. What do I mean? Self-motivation is what keeps an individual on task, an individual who pushes through circumstances to complete their goals (Success). An introvert is someone who is self interested, and comfortable by themselves, where as an extrovert is self-confident and comfortable in social settings and communicating with others. Whether these skills are intrinsic or acquired depends on the individual. Skills aside, you should ask several questions yourself before opening a home-based business. What is the best business to choose? Determining your skill set can be very helpful in either choosing or eliminating your options. What if you have a broad skill base and your still not 100% qualified? The next question you should ask yourself is, am I trainable? If no, then keep searching. If your answer is yes, then make one of your criterions to find a company that offers a comprehensive training program. What are the start-up costs? Regardless of the type of venture you choose, rest assured there will be start-up costs. If the start-up costs are too high, look for something cheaper or save up and start when financially able. Some opportunities are worth waiting for. What is the growth potential of the company? Can I afford to start a company myself, or should I try a turnkey system. Turnkey systems are usually more cost effective, ranging from approximately ($200.00-$1,000.00) depending on system chosen. Various opportunities present themselves both on and off the internet; that is why developing a business plan is essential. I know that doing a Business Plan takes time, effort and a tremendous amount of research. There is a reason for that. Currently there are so many opportunities and variables out there that it is always best to go into a business being prepared for the worst. When creating a business plan you research all aspects of a potential business including a profit and loss statement. Essentially proving the viability of the company you are about to do business with. There are no guarantees even with a business plan however, the more prepared you are the better your chances of success. Define the proposed concept, in my case it was Christian Retail. Gather as much information about the company as possible. There are companies available that provide information about existing companies’ statistics however; they do charge you for use of their services. Try to go to the source first, that is, the company you are trying to analyze. Go to their website and look at everything they offer, no detail is too small. Perform a Market analysis on the proposed company to prove that potential customers in your area have the financial means to purchase the goods your about to retail. The government census bureau is a good source as well as local libraries. Is your target group available? How many Churches, Ministries, or religious schools are in your local area? Do not be afraid to check out adjoining towns and cities. Use simple resources like the yellow pages, online super pages, and various internet searches to determine your competition. What is different about those companies? Determine why the company you chose is superior to those. Does it pass the test? If no, switch to the company that shines above the rest, in products, services, growth potential or a combination there of. If yes, then start projecting the financial future of the proposed company through a three-year projected growth plan. Once you are able to project the financial growth aspects then you will be able to determine what types of resources you will need to accomplish your financial goals. Projecting your resources and developing a marketing and advertising plan are all part of forecasting expenditures so that your profit and loss will reflect as close to real projections as possible. Analyze your rewards and risks so that you can develop an action plan for potential risks. If starting an online business is truly your goal, then take the appropriate steps to make sure it happens. Now that you have created a sound business plan, you are ready to start your business or apply for grants or loans to afford the start-up costs. Below are the rewards I reap through the system I chose:The acronym for a Turnkey system indicates that it is already to go; all you have to do is turn the key. The system I chose came completely stocked with thousands of Christian Products. The ability to customize your website is available through the back office that comes equipped with many features; the following are just a few:
1. The Editorial Block—is the center feature area of the homepage where you can write about products and or services that are essential to your stores effectiveness.
2. Upload Store Graphics—upload logos and images to utilize in creating pleasing aesthetics to your WebPages and email campaigns.
3. Donation Block—that allows you to add a donate block to the bottom of your homepage so that you can send monies to your favorite charities.
4. Control Menu Blocks—you can add links to your site that you have affiliated with, in an effort to increase the profitability of your site.
5. Coupon Center—gives you the ability to create coupons and give discounts to your customers to increase the marketability of your store. Provide Christian folks, Churches, and Ministries with Christian books that change lives and Christian music that restores the soul; all while diverting profits of these goods from secular companies back into the hands of Christians like us.An international company that provides the financial stability of both short-term profits on goods, and long-term profits (residual income growth) through a multi-level marketing approach. The company I chose also reveals the potential for a continued growth cycle. Advantage of operating a business from home with the ability to work your own hours; with this system, you can work as little as 20-40 hours depending on self-limitations.Free comprehensive scriptural based training program that includes effective ways to market and advertise, as well as, motivate and inspire you throughout the business building process. Free back office support.I own my own customers. I have the opportunity to sell my own goods and services, and advertise them on the home page.Having the ability to foster relationships with intelligent and seasoned fellow business partners who are willing to help each other learn and grow. Risks: Approximately 80-90% of new businesses fail within the first year. NOT creating a sound business plan would be the ultimate risk. NOT keeping accurate and up-to-date financial records would definitely create problems. NOT projecting possible problems and anticipating solutions for them. Self-doubt—fooling yourself into thinking you cannot sustain your business. Time: it takes time to build a business to foster relationships and develop long-standing patrons. High advertising and marketing costs—view all your options to make sure you are up-to-date with cheaper and just as effective means of advertising and marketing. Resources to assist you in building a business plan: Many software companies make products with templates to aide you in the development of your business plan. There are many books available that aide in the development of a business plan.Government Sources: The Small Business Association has a plethora of business resources, The Census Bureau, and if your disabled the Social Security Administration. State Sources: The Chamber of Commerce for each state and if you are disabled, try your local Easter Seals Chapter, or Vocational Rehabilitation program (if offered in your state). Local Sources: The Town Hall or Town Clerks Office. Reference sources: Town phone books, online super pages, various search engines—all you have to do is type in (starting a business), (Christian bookstores), to look up local resources you could try (starting a business, RI, TX, AZ…), and watch the resources that pop up. Libraries have tons of information on many businesses that are of public record. Note: If the company is private, they have the right to keep their records private. Many online businesses are private because of the nature of the internet. Numerous amounts of information can be found both on and off the internet, so do not be afraid of using online search engines. By typing in various search criterions, you can even find offline resources that way. Keep searching and asking until you have the answers you are looking for. Start professional, stay professional, and may God bless you in all your endeavors.
Book Sales Articles
Book Sales Books